ADVERTISEMENT

Sectional Championship Night!

quad runner

Letterman Poster
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Tonight, 64 teams will realize a preseason goal they all set. Another 64 will have their dreams dashed.

The finality of a tournament loss to a young person is traumatic - you are absolutely DEVESTATED!

I've been VERY fortunate to climb a ladder and clip net at the end of a state tournament game an amazing 19 times. Eight of those were after winning Sectionals.

You can't advance further in the tournament until you first SURVIVE the Sectionals - usually against teams you have already played once or twice already that season.

These were my thoughts one year after we didn't cut the nets down. The immediate emotions and reflections are different for coaches and players for sure. But in a short time, they become one in the same.

Good luck to all the coaches and payers tonight! Play your hearts out, leave nothing in the tank. The reward is AWESOME! Have fun!

~ When a season is over, it is always a great feeling. It's a long process. Whether it's a championship season or one that was challenging, the sense of surviving and reflecting are always good for me. I know for those that their playing careers finish, it may be a little more traumatic, but I'm sure the Sun will rise in the East in the morning, and we'll all be fine and continue on our paths in life.

Some of the girls mentioned earlier this week that if we won the Sectional maybe they could color my hair Pink. So at least I've got that going for me! Sometimes a loss is a win! 😃

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News