ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those who watched Sectional finals online

ysuindy

Varsity Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I watched a Class 2A Sectional final that was "produced" by the host school - a Sectional favorite that lost Tuesday night. A bare bones production with one camera on the action and the other on the scoreboard. I had watched them during the season and for the games I saw it was fine - other than a one minute glitch in the second quarter of the championship game when the stream froze and we saw "the broadcaster has ended the stream". Things were up and running quickly and we didn't miss any scoring when they were offline. I kind of prefer that approach

At the end of the game we saw the runners-up receive the game ball and saw them walking off the floor. As they cut to the trophy presentation to the winner, the stream ended.

I am curious how long the streams stayed with the post game "celebration". Trophy presentation? Cutting down the nets? or a quick exit like the one I was watching?

I'm not sure what I was expecting and what is "right". Maybe seeing the winning get their trophy and pose for pictures?

I'm sure everyone was interested in getting everyone out of the gym - Covid, a forecast of snow moving in that didn't pan out.

But I imagine there were some grandparents, aunts and uncles and the like disappointed at the quick cutaway.

Just wondering what the rest of you saw.

Reactions: HickoryHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News