ADVERTISEMENT

HH Varsity Club Insider: Several questions at Indy Riverside boys

HickoryHusker

May 29, 2001
Greenwood, Indiana
h4lb0o1y4irlscdltznm

Riverside boys - Departing Coach Bart Doan

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- (Updated 3/15) Riverside boys is officially accepting apps now for its boys job. For those unfamiliar with this school, it is a private charter designed to operate like Herron in downtown Indy. I don't want to bury the lead here, as this jumped out at me: Only requirement for incoming coach...wait for it...a driver's license. Yep, while I'm sure intv committee will look for more in a candidate, that's a pretty low bar especially for those of us that consider ourselves lifetime teachers or coaches. All that being said, the Argonauts are a tough one to get a handle on. Good Varsity Club member reports Riverside played only five games this season, going 1-4. The basketball team ceased operations, as they say, 1/5. Only three of those games were against IHSAA teams, and they were blasted by 30 or so each of those outings. While Riverside never made it to the Sectional gate this season, they are currently assigned to Sectional 58: International, Traders Point, Indiana Math & Science, Bethesda, Deaf School, and Metro. Report goes on to outline a very shaky look at potential returners. Of the seven rostered players last season, five were seniors. IF the other two return next season, new coach will be looking at 5-9 soph-2-b guard Gerald Pope and 6-3 sr-2-b forward Jackson Rochford. Both described as being able to compete against the level of competition the Argonauts currently schedule. Of course, gonna need more than two.. No JV team last season. Teaching areas still unknown, but I guess you just need to flash that ID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News