ADVERTISEMENT

Insight into Tri's Tena Potter hitting for a State Record 75 points..

HickoryHusker

May 29, 2001
Greenwood, Indiana
As I was grudgingly adding Hamilton Height's Cam Runner to the Record Book for her 64 points in the recent blooooooooooooow out win vs. Tipton (don't get me started again,) I again became curious about Tena Potter's all-time state record of 75 points scored against Morton memorial in the 1976-77 season.

I had tried researching that game several years back but had come-up empty. However, as more and more newspapers become digitized and past issues are made available, I recently stumbled across some additional info that I found interesting.

As one would imagine girls high school basketball was on the back burner for most sports pages during that era. Still the Fortville Tribune dated Dec. 30, 1976 had this short write-up and no box score.

Tri Girls on Point Spree
Tena Potter of Tri High went on a scoring spree against Morton memorial recently as she pumped in 75 points in a 106-26 win. Potter, a junior, reportedly stayed at Tri's end of the court most of the game and scores several uncontested baskets.

And there you go. Cherry picking, snow birding, call it what you will, but that answers that. In a blow out game no less. Oyyyyyyy. Not what I was hoping for.

I was curious and really wanted to see what Potter looked like in her playing days. These from Tri yearbook 1977 - Potter's junior year:

q7gdgkavsi6cqxdawzpw

Amazingly I was able to find a photo of the actual game in question!

hhhtywenfondjbcbloyw

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News