ADVERTISEMENT

Showdown Turned Into A Flop

quad runner

Letterman Poster
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
While I'm working in Southwestern Indiana again, I'm taking in several games down in this region when I can.

Tonight what shaped up as maybe as good a potential matchup as any for the entire season - a one loss New Albany team traveling to undefeated Evansville Reitz - turned into an impressive blowout delivered by the host Panthers. The score wound up 81-51 after ending the first quarter tied at 19.

The final score could have been worse!

And I think New Albany is pretty talented and is a good team. Reitz is just a fun team to watch. Fundamentally sound in all phases. Everyone can shoot, defend, handle, pass, and compete. Coaches wait an entire career for a chance to coach a group like this one! Coach Adams and his staff are having a ball this winter!

My guess is after a VERY LONG bus trip along the Ohio River tonight, Coach Shannon will have his teams undivided attention! :). Wouldn't want to be the next five teams on the schedule! They got taken to the woodshed tonight by an outstanding team and got humbled. They will be ok.

I got to check off another gym I have been to - up over 250! I took in a football game a couple of years ago at the famous Reitz Bowl!

If you are down this way Reitz is worth it to see. Probably see them deep in the tournament come March!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News