ADVERTISEMENT

Lawrence North, Roncalli

newshawk

JV Poster
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
Attended the Roncalli Tourney, and though impressed with LN and ROncalli, I really didn't think they looked unbeatable, dispite their win margins in the first round. O-D saw Roncalli run away, then came back to get close before foul trouble and Roncalli's board work got them in trouble. Holy Cross was impressive, with 6-2 and 6-3 frontliners. They gave LN a good battle before LN's quickness took its toll. Didn't see the final game, but the O-D Holy Cross game was a good game, with O-D leading for part of the second half. When they lost point guard Lexi Minix to fouls HC pulled ahead, though O-D was in the game until the last couple minutes. HC, which has about 300 students is very young, and played the consolation game without one of their guards, who twisted an ankle in the first round game. She probably could have played, but they have a city tourney coming up this coming week. I talked to their coach after the game, and he said they have another girl out with a foot injury. He talked to junior Taylor Kranenburg after the game, and told she played extremely well. He asked her if she had many colleges looking at her, and he said he couldn't believe it, adding "she can outright play.{ He also said he was impressed with Lexi Minix). HC is ranked fourth in KY's smallest class, but I would put them at about a 4A level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News