ADVERTISEMENT

O-D, North Newton Sectionals

newshawk

JV Poster
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
I had a hunch early on that North Judson (now 10-12) would beat Delphi and Rensselear. Love Deb Bolen's coaching (and especially how she handles both teaching and strategizing in her timeouts. Deb could do a clinic on how to run timeouts.). I've seen 4 or 5 Lady Jay games this season, and win or lose, they are a great team.

Everybody thought South Central was the death of O-D. Never happened. SC never led in the game, though they pulled close at 26-25 and 38-35. Lexi Minix dictated the game as quarterback, and Taylor Kranenburg and Madi Taylor stunned the Satellites with their three-point shooting. They held talented Riley Poppelwell to just 14 points, and just two in the second half! 6-2 sophomore Alex Bope, who is still learning the game, had six blocks, and she changed Poppelwell's shot at least four or five times to make her miss under the basket. Alex told me before the season, she was 6-3 last year, she is now 6-2, and that she actually is 6-1! Guess Terry Minix is playing with her height on the O-D roster

Loved Northwest Indiana Times sportswriter Pual Oren's texts during the game... "Never knew travel was made legal by the IHSAA." (talking about Lexi Minix's ability to twist like a pretzel and take what looks like mile-long steps when driving the basket), and "Lexi Minix is a good ball player but she travels a lot." Oren also noted the South Central cheerblock's use of South Bend FIght Club (remembering the South Bend Washington game last year when Minix got slugged by a Washington player) He thought that was original, and the next lame."Daddy's girl" (talking about her dad, Terry Minix, who is also her coach) She plays like her dad did, and like her sister Gabi, who played point guard at Marquette University, though Gabi's career was ended by an ACL injury.

Poppelwell reached 1,000 career points early in the game.
This post was edited on 2/17 11:50 AM by newshawk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News